Wednesday, July 11, 2012

July 11th

July 11th

Spending the night north of Hartland at my friend Dan's house. Beautiful spot with some new friends. Had the pleasure of playing some music on the porch, which continues as I write this. Pictures below.

The trail has been generous lately. I've averaged 25 miles the past 4 days and paid for it. I anticipate some lighter days soon. Loads of trail magic has kept the long days company. Two nights ago I stayed at Shelter #2 in the Southern Kettle Moraine State Forest. Lucky for me the group camping there for the night was generous enough to offer me a place to stay. Sure enough the group is wonderful, takes great interest in my story, likes to do all the things I like to do, and fed me, many times, as well as offered me cold beverages for as long as the night lasted. Thank you Jeff, Jessie, Megan, Zach, Lindsey. I hope to repay you soon.

Earlier that day, as my mom has told you, I had the pleasure of meeting a legendary hiker, Nimblewill Nomad, in his element, thru-hiking the trail in the opposite direction. I noticed him walking 'up and smiled knowing what a conversation I was about to have. First thing he says to me: "What the HELL are you doing!?" Needless to say is was a great 30min conversation that sadly had to end as we both wondered what was around the next corner of the trail. Keep an eye out for my cameo appearance on his website.

I estimate about 10-11 days of hiking left. Get out here if you can! This will most likely be my last weekend on the trail!

GIVE MONEY FOR KIDS

Paul 




1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you hooked up with Don. Have a great day. Bringing supplies to Katherine who's family will be walking with you this weekend. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete